The Cosmi semi-automatic shotgun was born at the end of the 1800s in the hills of Montefeltro from the hands and genius of Rodolfo Cosmi. A passionate hunter, Rodolfo practiced his profession as an artisan repairing weapons and, in 1890, he began to build the first Cosmi gun.
Thus began the story of the semi-automatic Cosmi, a masterpiece of Italian craftsmanship and the first gun in the world to combine the best of semi-automatic mechanism and the advantages of a opening gun.
In his small workshop in Macerata Feltria, Rodolfo shared his passion with his two sons, Marcello and Americo, to whom he handed down the art before his death in 1936.
In 1936 Americo and Marcello decided to transfer the Cosmi company to Ancona, in the historic headquarters it still occupies. The contribution of Marcello (who died in 1963) was enormous, transforming the company from a craft laboratory into a real company and for which he was delivered a knighthood. Americo was responsible for mechanics evolution of the of the gun during the next 50 years. Under the guidance of the two brothers, the company acquired international fame and the Cosmi gun became a must to have in the collections of Heads of State, men of culture and famous sportsmen, from one corner of the planet to the other.
In 2018 joined the Cosmi family Luca Gaeti, bringing new energy and supporting Rodolfo II and Federico Cosmi in the important projects that will make rifles Cosmi protagonists of the art of gunsmithing in the twenty-first century.
Through 3 centuries and 4 generations, the Cosmi company has successfully managed to blend tradition and innovation, creating a product with a classic and elegant line. At the same time, the use of processing techniques and innovative materials makes the Cosmi shotgun one of the most technologically advanced, continuing to deserve, in its own right, the reputation of the best semiautomatic in the world.